Well, we've hit another road block. This adoption has certainly been a challenge for us. Although I can say Miss PEA is an absolute dream!! She is doing VERY well with us now. Oh, the road block.... well, yesterday we went to the doctor for our medical visit for the Embassy and Pala's birthdate is wrong on her passport. It says 2009 instead of 2008 for her year of birth. So after a very long day of trying to get someone here in New Delhi to help us... Shad flew back to Kolkata this morning to try to get it taken care of. Pala and I have transfered to the Hyatt Regency. It's gated and I feel much more comfortable here. It's quite pricey but safety is my main concern right now. Do not stay at any of the Parkland hotels... I repeat... do not stay at any of the Parkland hotels. What a fiasco!!! Kristy L will agree with me!! We had a terrible time with them. We were supposed to stay at the Parkland Greenpark on Sunday... even confirmed our reservations there... when we got there to check in we weren't in the system, then after getting a bit nasty... oh, my there we were but they didn't have a room for us!!! They transfered us to a different Parkland out by Nerhu Place and it was not pleasant. The room was nice but the noise was awful. We couldn't make calls from our room or use the internet. "They were having some problems with them" we were told but we could give them the numbers we needed to call and they would connect them for us. So, we tried that.... 15 minutes later (and some longer) we were connected. Grrrr!!! The service sucked!! Well, not all of it, there was one bellboy that was an absolute sweetheart! Yesterday we asked for a car @ 8:30 am so we could go to the doctor appointment by 9am and at 10:15 the car was still not there. We were told it would be there in 20 minutes and that they had just called them. As if that didn't start my day off well!! Then we went to the doctors office (1st on the list). It was nice but busy. We really didn't wait all that long but the receptionist kept saying "Your daughter 2 months?". No, she's 14 months... again "No... your daughter 2 months?" "No" I said speaking very slowly... "No, she is 1 year and 2 months." Then she showed me Pala's passport. My heart sank!! Now what do we do?! The doctor called us into his office and did the exam, then explained that he couldn't write the report until the passport was fixed. We should go to the Embassy and explain the situation and see what they think would be the best way to handle it. So, 2 hours at the Embassy, they sent us to the Regional Passport office in Delhi. At the passport office they yelled at Shad and told him it was his fault there was a mistake and said he was getting involved because it was US adoption case. So back to the Embassy we went to let them know what had taken place and they started yelling at Shad. Shad raised his voice and started getting a little crappy with them and the guard came over. The guard was very nice and couldn't believe that we were being treated this way... that was OUR Embassy. After 2 hours of being treated like total crap we were no further ahead and were told that next time we should look at things more closely. So we went back to the hotel and called Ms. Roy, booked the first flight out this morning to Kolkata for Shad only (at Ms. Roy's request because of some sort of protest march going on). They will go to the passport office in Kolkata and hopefully get this taken care of. Needless to say we checked out of the awful Parkland and are now at the Hyatt. Way more than I wanted to spend but we are safe. This trip has been a nightmare and I can't wait to get home to my boys!!! Doesn't look like we are going to make it to the Taj... but I'm to the point I really don't care. I just want to be home on US soil!!! When I can find the humor in all of this I will try to post some positive parts of the trip. For now please please please say a prayer for us!! I really need this mess to be over with so I go home to have Thanksgiving with my family!!! I'm sooooo homesick right now and I feel trapped in a really bad dream that I can't wake up from.

12 comments:
I'm so, so sorry. What a stressful time. I just can't imagine.
I pray that everything works itself out quickly so that you can return home.
Prayers From Oklahoma,
Angie
Oh Maggie, what a frustrating experience! I will pray that everything works out at the passport office, and you're able to travel home soon.
I know exactly how it feels to be so happy to meet your new daughter, but be so homesick for your sons!
Hang in there -- you'll have lots of people praying for you!
Oh Maggie,
I will FOR SURE be praying for you and Pala and Shad....and this SILLY passport situation....you know what I think about passports!
I wish I had some words to type to make you feel better....just know that you are in my prayers... and that God is holding YOU in His righteous right hand... Isaiah 41:10
Love,
Susie
I am so sorry that you have hit another road block!! So glad the Miss PEA is doing well! I am praying for you all!
Jenny
Hang in there,you are almost home.:)Prayers going up for good and safe travels home and for this passport block in the road. So glad that you and Pala are doing good,what a blessing:) Gidget
Oh I'm sorry you guys are going through this. Our trip wasn't all sunshine and roses either. I was SO READY to get home. I pray that this works out quickly, and you are on your way home soon!
Well, the good news is Pala is in your arms now. Sorry for this hassle. Hopefully one day you can turn this turn of events into a story to let Pala know how hard to worked to become a forever family. For now, I am praying that everything gets sorted out and you can get your WHOLE family together soon!
Oh, Maggie - You've been on my mind so frequently and now I will up the prayers even more! I'm so thankful Pala is settling in with you. BTW, we stayed at that Hyatt and had a good experience. There is a nice shopping area in the lobby called The Arcade (I think). It has some reasonable stuff (if you look hard) and some very friendly folks if you just need to get a change of scenery. Selah really enjoy looking in all the windows. We didn't find it until the last day. Praying for you! - Traci
OH Maggie, we are praying for you all. Let's hope the passport office can straighten this out ASAP! Your whole family needs to be together!
Michele
OH, Maggie! That is just ridiculous!!!! I can't believe this is happening to you. I'm so sorry. I will also be praying extra hard for you guys to get the situation resolved quickly and as painlessly as possible. I'm so glad to hear that you and sweet Pala are doing well. The Hyatt was my favorite hotel that we stayed at in Delhi. You will feel very safe and comfy there. If they have their delicious coconut samosas for breakfast, have one (or 10) for me!
:)Kristi W.
Oh, Maggie, what an experience you have had! I am glad that the doctor's office noticed the passport issue and it wasn't discovered as you were ready to board your flight home! I am praying that this situation gets resolved quickly. It is so nice to hear that Pala is doing well. Enjoy her sweet smile and hang in there. You will be home before you know it.
April :-)
Maggie, we are praying for you! Anxious to find out how Shad made out in Kolkata. And yes, we certainly agree, and told our travel agent not to book any more families into those hotels!
Love from Maine,
Kristy
Post a Comment