I love it when you find out that you've moved up in line!!
I 'm fulfilling a long term subbing position at our elementary school to keep my mind busy while we wait. It it could go through Easter so I figured the timing was about right with the adoption and all.
I found out that we are one of the last families to have filed the I-600A form before April 1 under the old regs. If you file after April 1st, Immigration requires you to file the I-800. Don't worry, we are grandfathered in!! I'm told that it takes about 90 days to process the I-800 after fingerprinting is done AND it does not go to a regional office like the I-600A did. I'm glad that we were able to deal with our regional Immigration office. The staff up in Buffalo was awesome! We were in and out in no time and I don't think we had to wait a week from the time they received our homestudy to get our approval letter. Great people to deal with!!
With the new regs... you cannot even be presented with a referral until you have approval.
Soo... Gidget, get your butt in gear! I thought we were going to pick our girls up together! :)

9 comments:
Yippee! Another move in the right direction!
-- Nancy
Wow, it is so close now!!
Wow - you are SO close now! Congrats!
Congratulations!!! You are getting so close. We are in the I-800 group and have already been fingerprinted back in August. We are just waiting for final approval. Hope it comes soon!!! We are right behind Gidget.
April #7 waiting for Alesha
Maggie,It's great we have moved again,so now we are 5.WOW,it makes u feel like we are so close.Don't u feel that way?We have not even got fingerprinted yet?!!Come on Immigration,by a miracle I hope we are in time or they just happen to approve ours quickly.I want to be ready,if u know what I mean.I hope we get to travel together!!Pray for this please.Let's hope immigration gets their BUTT in GEAR!!Gidget
Congratulations! I'm glad things are still moving forward. What a wonderful last couple of months for adoption activity!
Candice
Wow! another move...this is a great way to start a weekend!
Congrats!
Julie R
Any day... ;) You better make sure you have that cell phone on at all times! I can't wait to hear about the call and your new baby girl. Did you settle the name issue yet?
So close. Who knows, maybe even the next batch?!
I'm jealous that you got to use the I600-A :)
Kristy
Post a Comment