Today we got a new picture of Pala delivered to my inbox. We haven't had a new once since late August... funny thing... she is wearing the same outfit. :) She is 17 lbs and 26" tall and walking... yes, walking!!!Little update on the passport situation: According to Ms. Roy (Orphanage Director) the passport office computers are down and they will not issue passports until it back up and running. She is hopeful that Pala's passport will be issued next week. There are 5 other families that are waiting in limbo like we are. Please pray that this issue will be resolved quickly!! Our plans are to leave for India on November 8th and visit our Compassion child on the 10th. We had to make arrangements well in advance so I really don't want to cancel. Dilshad (and Shad & I) will be very disappointed if we can't make this happen.

9 comments:
She looks so cute and so ready to come home! Praying for those passports!
I love how she is standing with her little feet together like a gymnist. It was fun to see Keira in the background - looks like they graduated to their own cribs now. Hoping we will see each other soon with those babies finally in our arms!
I love her expression -- what a great photo! She always looks like she has a ton of personality. We are praying for your passport, and for the other families'!
Hugs,
Nancy
She is adorable as always (actually looks a little mischievous in this picture, you might have a challenge on your hands :)
Hate that you've had such a long, horrible wait and I hope it is over soon so you can forget all about it (ok, you'll never forget it- but at least it won't dominate your days anymore!)
Does this picture say "come and get me", or what?
As I said to Kristy...these latest updates must just make all the patience for waiting just fly out the window!
Hoping for passport resolve and travel on the 8th!!
Julie R
Joining you in prayer for the passports. Where 2 or 3 are gathered there he is in the midst of them. :-)I love the new pics, Ben had on the same outfit also:-)
This photo is adorable! I love how she is standing with her feet together so prim and proper and her face looks so sweet. WOW, walking, you will be on the run right away. I am praying for the passports to come soon so you can all get these precious children in your arms. Hang in there....you are almost there!
April :-)
OH! So glad you got a pic after all! She is precious! We are praying so very hard for this to happen this week. I would hate for you to have to miss such an opportunity to meet your compassion child!
Take care!
Kristy
Pala looks so adorable! Such a little princess for sure. I hope you hear the news you want very soon!!! I'll call and get all the updates when I get back home. We are still in the Cook Islands for another week. Lovin the sun!!! But I had to check in and see what's happening with passports for you guys. Praying they come in soon!!!!
:)K
Post a Comment