Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Future travelers...

Just thought I'd throw a thought out there for any future travelers. I was really worried about what to pack for Shad and found some great pants and shirts at TJ Maxx. The pants are very light weight and a khaki color by Calvin Klein ($25) and the shirts are light weight ones that wick away sweat (starting at $9). There are many different brands. BonTon had Columbia ones on clearance but not in Shad's size. Glad I picked a couple up last month when I was in there. I found some Body Glove water sandals at Olympia for $25. Crocs were NOT an option for him... I tried!! Everything is already packed neatly in our suitcase otherwise I would post pictures. Sorry... I thought about it afterwards. :) Summer clothes are now on clearance so plan ahead!!

I WILL be blogging during our trip as much as I can. Internet and electricity can be a bit sketchy in India. Right now the plan is to fly to Delhi, visit our Compassion child and prefile our paperwork, then fly to Kerala and spend time with my niece, then hopefully make it to Chennai to meet up with my high school friend Sarah (she's a teacher there... how cool is that?!), then up to Kolkata to vistit "R" and of course to pick up Miss PEA, then back to Delhi for Embassy Day and a day trip to the Taj in Agra, then home home home!!! A lot to cram in, I know! A couple of things are still in the air and they depend entirely on when Pala's passport comes through. We plan to throw a little local site seeing in there depending on how Pala is doing and airport delays, etc. Yes, we are waiting to see the Taj AFTER getting Pala. This has been discussed at length and we feel this is an opportunity we don't want to miss. After all... if we can handle driving to Iowa and Myrtle Beach with our 3 BOYS then the trip to Agra with PEA will be a piece of cake...I think it's me that Shad is more worried about... I get car sick!! Ha... he'll have his work cut out for him! :) I may be a little "green" in the pictures but it'll all be worth it!! Sheba (our inspiration to adopt from India) will be in the states at the end of October so that is why we will not be including Hydrabad to our list of stops while in India. Both Shad and I were both a little disappointed that it wasn't going to work out but are hoping to see her before we leave. I wish you all could meet this remarkable woman!!

Well, I still have some planning to do, notes to write to the school, copies to make, plus all of my daily chores....

8 comments:

The Pfeiffer Family said...

You have a great trip planned out. So happy to hear you are SO close to travel. I can't wait to follow your journey while you are in India and see you holding your darling daugher.

April :-)

Sara said...

Getting excited for you! We got some khaki pants for my husband at Goodwill and some skirts for me there, too. Super cheap and no worries about them getting ruined with all the traveling. I'll be praying for you on the car sickness. I don't normally get car sick but felt nauseous every single time I got in a car there!

Julie & Patrick said...

Sounds like you are more than ready to go with a great trip planned. Hope everything goes smoothly.

Looking forward to following along with the trip

Jule R

Peter and Nancy said...

I was a bargain travel shopper too -- Peter had a couple of lightweight khakis leftover ($11 at Target, baby!) from two previous trips, but I needed some skirts. I saved my Goodwill & TJ Maxx finds, and will get to use them again!

I am so excited to follow your trip! Bring on that passport!
-- Nancy

Pam said...

OOOOHH GETTING EXCITING! Can't wait to hear you are ready to go!

ColleenC said...

Yay for travel planning, boo for slow passport!!

Sounds like you are going to have an AMAZING trip!! We were very close to braving the Agra trip with Lia- it's only one day so I'm sure you'll be fine! Lia slept in the car most of the time we were in India, hopefully little Pala will do the same. But Agra was NOT my favorite place so I'll be thinking of you and hoping it goes well!! Taj is a must-see! Can't wait to follow your trip (and now the next time we are in NY we can meet her! My sis-in-law just reminded me that she has never met Jack who will be 3 this winter! Oops we are behind on our NY trips so we'll have to plan one soon!)

Sheri said...

when do u think you'll be traveling? I am looking forward to following your blog!!
We are going to India (Dehli, Agra,Jadpur and Calcutta) end of Nov. We plan on going to the orphanage to visit with Maya. We are going for wedding. It should be interesting with 3 little kids!!
Wishing you a safe trip!!

Candice said...

You are getting so close! I can't wait to hear that you have your little girl in your arms!

Candice

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Our family...