Pala's paperwork arrived in Kolkata, India on March 24th.
We have had plenty to be thankful for lately!! March is certainly a glorious month for our family!! We recieved a referral of a healthy baby girl and we are blessed with sooo many birthdays.
My 2 nieces Aliya and Alana both turned 4 on the 18th. No, they are NOT twins! Believe it or not, Aliya is Shad's brother's little angel and Alana is my sister's princess. How ironic that they have the same birthday, eh?! Happy birthday girls!! Aunt Mimi loves you!!
The real excitement was the following week!
On Tuesday, March 24th we welcomed...
ELLYANA DALAINE JOHNSON
to our growing family.
(Alana is now a big sister.)
On Wednesday the 25th, Austin turned 12.
On Thursday March 26th, Cooper turned 8.
We kept things simple but each boy got their own special dinner on their birthdays and family stopped by to celebrate with us. I can't believe how big they are getting. It's so amazing to see how much they've grown and changed. They are a true joy to have and I am sooo proud to be their mom.
Friday, March 28th was my cousin Wendy's daughter Alyssa'a birthday.
(Happy Birthday from your cousins in NY!!!! We love and miss you!!)
I have been asked time and time again about when we are going to get Pala and why it takes so long and how hard it must be to wait.... so many have told me that the hardest wait is after the referral but I really hadn't felt that until now. When we accepted Pala's referral it was like a huge weight had been lifted from our hearts. We had waited so long for the call! We finally have a face to stare at. We now have a little girl to get ready for. Every night as we are getting ready for bed we say a little prayer for Pala and imagine what she is feeling as she is just waking up to start her day (about 6 am in Kolkata) and we are going to bed. Shad laughs and says "she probably is fussy and wants her mom because she is ready for a diaper change." (Typical dad comment!) Then we talk about what it's going to be like having a baby in the house again. With all of the birthdays and birth of my new little niece it has finally hit me that I have a daughter waiting for me on the other side of the world and I can't be there to watch as she changes and hits milestones in her development. I was doing sooo good until I started typing this and then all of a sudden I became flooded with all of these emotions!!! Ugh...


7 comments:
Oh, Maggie! I'm sorry that it finally hit you...I guess you can't ride out the cloud 9 from the referral call for too long. You have had a crazy March!!! Tell the boys happy birthday from all of us in AK.
:)K
Wow what a month!!! March is actually a quiet month for us- April on the other hand...
Hope your wait isn't too long and your sweet girl is in your arms before you know it. The other side of the referral can definitely be 'challenging'! I find I'm much more emotional than I ever was before!
This adoption process sure can be such a emotional roller coster. Hoping it won't be long till you are snuggling with Pala. The way it is looking,you might have to snuggle my Maiya if u get there before I do. The best advice I can give is to jusy keep praying and stay busy as a bee. And I am taking my own advice,LOL.Gidget
Hey Maggie,
This part is the tough part. :( I pray that this process goes fast for you. Pala is beautiful, and I was just able to finally watch your slideshow. I couldn't before for some reason. Hang in there and lean on all of us! We have been there and know how the struggle feels. Big hugs to you!
Pam
I hope you get some new photos from Jyoti . . . pictures made the wait a little more bearable. It is so much harder when you have a little face to dream about, and wonder what she's doing every minute of her day. Hang on, Maggie -- compared to all the waiting you've done so far, the next 5-7 months are just a fraction . . .
-- Nancy
So glad the paperwork is there - now things can start rolling! Love all the pics of the little blessings in your life - kids are such a gift. I pray you have peace while you wait - I am here if you ever need to chat. I know how hard it is.
WOW!!! March is one crazy month for your family. Looks like a month of blessings!! I hope things move along at a steady pace for the rest of your process. I can only imagine how much harder it is to wait after you see your daugher's precious face. Praying for speedy completion of your process.
April :-)
Post a Comment