Monday, April 6, 2009

We're going to Iowa!!!

Watch out "WORLDS", here we come!!!!

Yep, you got it.... Treyton and his team placed 1st at the New York State Odyssey of the Mind competition this past Saturday!!! They are off to Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa May 27th for "WORLDS"!! There were 18 teams competing in Division I- The Lost Labor of Hercules. I am so proud of them!!! They did awesome!!!! The other team from Wellsville Elementary was Division I- Superstition. Both of the Elementary teams placed 1st !!! Great job guys!!!!



Problem 3: The Lost Labor of Heracles

Divisions I, II, III, IV

Teams will create and present an original performance about th
e ancient Greek hero Heracles. In Greek Mythology, King Eurytheus ordered Heracles to perform 12 labors. The team will reenact Heracles performing one of the 12 labors, as well as a Lost Labor--a team-created thirteenth labor forgotten in history. The performance will also include a god or goddess from Greek Mythology, an original mythological creature that plays a role in the Lost Labor, and the team's version of why the Lost Labor was forgotten in history.


Many, many THANKS to my "blogger buddies" for sending pictures for Austin's Social Studies project. It was a big success!!

Here's our version of Shah Jahan in 2009!! :)


He was very embarrassed about having to dress up but the idea was to NOT spend money and to use what we had around the house. OK, so he doesn't look exactly like Shah Jahan but... I think he did a good job for what he had to work with. They were graded on a report, timeline, display board and costume. Alot was factored in so I think he did very well!!! After all this is 2009 NOT the 1600's, right?!

5 comments:

Kristi W. said...

Congrats, Treyton!!! You brainiac you! :)

And Austin looks pretty cute in his Emperor digs.

You should meet up with the Stanleys when you are in Iowa and see Sananda!

Peter and Nancy said...

Wow -- quite the scholarly guys you have there! Congratulations to both for their efforts . . . hope you can connect with some Dillon folks during your travels. Way cute as the Shah, by the way -- hope that isn't too embarrassing. :o)
-- Nancy

Julie & Patrick said...

What fun!! Congrats to the kids and good luck as the competition continues!!

Julie R

Amy said...

Congrats to Treyton! So cool :) Have fun in Iowa!

I love the Shah costume too - very good job!

The Pfeiffer Family said...

Great job, Treyton!! How cool to be able to go to another state and compete. Best of luck in the next round.

Austin, you did a great job on your Shah Abad report. Your board turned out great and I like the costume. My boys don't like getting dressed up either for things like this and they don't like their photo taken either. :-)

April :-)

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Our family...