It was held March 21st. Exactly 4 months from the day we met her at ISRC. I even wore the same tunic that I wore back on November 21 to pick her up. Amongst other things, I am putting together a slide show of all of her Christening pictures. No promises of when that will be done though. :)
and... as you can see Miss PEA already had her jammies stripped off by the time she came downstairs.
Right after Easter Pala had about a 2 week bout with pneumonia. She is now back to her normal self and is cutting her final 2 teeth... eye teeth! Fun wow! :)
She wore just as much as she ate! I wish I had video taped it! Next time! Baseball has begun so there will be lots of hot dog and ice cream cone eating!
"ANGEL" Update
Angel celebrated her 10th birthday yesterday! We had cake and "opened" this little outfit and movie for her. We will be popping it in the mail to her this week. The cake had her name on it and I didn't take the time to photoshop it out of the pic so I can't post it. :( Sorry about that!
Drum roll please....
We have decided to take a HUGE leap of faith and pursue her adoption! There is a lot of red tape to go through and it could also fall through but we believe strongly that this is the direction we are meant to go. It will be an emotional journey for our family and we would really appreciate your prayers. We have no idea how the finances will fall into place but we are trusting in the Lord that if this is His will then He will provide for us. Right now the committee on older child adoption at the agency is reviewing our current homestudy to see if indeed we are a good fit for Angel. Then they will contact the orphanage and the director will talk to her about our family structure. She knows Shad and I and that we were in India to bring Pala home but I'm not sure if she is fully aware that we have 3 boys also. If she wants to join our family then we will move forward. It's important to us for her to be part of the decisions right now. She has to want this too. So, now, we just sit back and wait.... this is really hard for me! No matter what she decides we will still remain in contact with her. God didn't place her in our hearts for nothing! :)
I am also planning a Dillon International Family Weekend in Binghamton NY the 3rd weekend in August. As things progress I will post more. :) Let me know if you may be interested in coming.



11 comments:
Congrats!!!! Has it been that long since we talked????? Yikes. I'm glad that you guys made your decision and I will be praying that things go quickly and smoothly as you start the adoption process again. We need to chat again soon so I can get all of the details!
:)K
This is such wonderful news. I DO hope that everything continues to fall into place with angel and your family. Pala and the boys look like they are all adjusting to one another just fine, why not add one more?
Thanks for the update....looks like things have been a little busy around your house!! Thanks for sharing.
Julie r
Wow!!! That is very exciting for your family. I will pray for your sweet girl and that her heart is being opened to your family and all the little things will fall into place like they should. Oh, and can i please be invited to your reunion even if Im not a Dillon Momma? :)
Wow that is big news! Congrats and hope the process goes smoothly!
Wish we could make it to our old stomping grounds in Bing I would love to visit up there but school down in these parts starts that week. But I'm sure we'll catch up with you at least in Rochester at some point.
~ Colleen
Excited for you and praying for all the details!
Jenny
How exciting! I'll be praying for the process!
Maggie!
That is exciting news! I will be praying for you!
:)
Susie
Congratulations on the beginning of another journey to India! I will keep your family in prayer as you begin the process.
It is so fun for me to see pictures of your boys carrying around Pala. I can't wait to see my boys with their sister.
The picture of Pala eating the ice cream made me laugh out loud. I showed my boys and they busted up laughing. I bet she keeps you all in stitches. Thanks for the update.
April :-)
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and hope everything goes smoothly and you get your approval soon.
Maggie!!! Oh my goodness!!! YAY!! I've been praying since you first posted about Angel!! I am excited! I'm covering the finances in prayer now. E-mail when you can we did some awesome fundraisers for our adoption.
Liberty
jakelib93@yahoo.com
This is big news! I bet our Father is smiling down on you for your trust in Him, and your willingness to welcome another daughter into your family. I just loved the update and all the photos!
Nancy
Post a Comment