Monday, September 7, 2009

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY PALA!!!

Just in case you didn't know...

Pala is 1 today!!!


Yesterday, we celebrated with family at camp.
As always, when we host a BBQ there is too much good food!! BBQ chicken, roasted corn, etc.
We started a video diary for Pala's keepsake box to let her know how much everyone loves and misses her on her birthday... and every day that she's not with us!



We each had special t-shirts on for the day and of course I had to be a kid and lick the cake like she would have done. :)

and just when I thought I was really crazy....
we got a puppy for Pala !!
(well, actually for mommy but Pala's birthday was an excuse)

This is Molly!!


I'm hoping to get a video around of the party later this week.
We are still waiting for Scrutiny so no more new news. The Nix Family traveled last week and took this small gift to our little princess, so we are hoping to have some new pictures soon. We sent this outfit and photo album of our family for her. Let's hope it fits! :)

Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend!!
God bless!!

9 comments:

Fenwick 5 said...

Love the shirts,cake,dog,the whole nine yards! It won't be long and sweet pea will be home with mama. Have a great week,hoping that you all get great news soon.Gidget:)

Candice said...

Looks like you all had fun celebrating Pala's birthday! I hope that you are able to travel soon. Can't wait to see the new pics!

Candice

Kristi W. said...

Oh Maggie, I'm so sorry Pala couldn't be with you on her birthday. I was getting all choked up reading your post, remembering what it was like celebrating Daya's first birthday without her. It rips your gut out for sure. Looks like you had a fun party for her though and I'm sure the puppy will be a big hit! Hang in there! I'll call you soon.

:)K

Julie & Patrick said...

what a fun celebration for Pala! So sorry she could not be with you to enjoy it too! It will be a great memory to share with her one day.

Julie R

jasonliberty said...

You guys looked like you had a wonderful time celebrating. Can't wait till you can travel. God Bless

Liberty

Peter and Nancy said...

This isn't the way you hoped you'd celebrate, I'm sure . . . but someday you'll be able to show her pictures and video, and she will know exactly how much she was and is loved by all of you. I am praying that you hear some news soon -- and I'll be blog-stalking, waiting for those new pictures of your cute girl!
-- Nancy

Traci said...

You're such a cool Mama (& family)! What a wonderful celebration for a little girl that is loved so much. Praying for good news soon!! - Traci

Pam said...

Happy Birthday sweet Pala. come home soon!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Pala! I know it is hard to celebrate without them but you have wonderful pics to show her. Congrats on scrutiny - little Pala will be here before you know it :)

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Our family...