Well, another week has passed us by and we still do not have our NOC! CARA is telling us the same thing they told us 8 weeks ago... "it's on its way". I am so thankful to have such a wonderful support system to help me deal with this unnecessary wait. It doesn't seem to bother Shad as much as it does me for some reason. I guess because he gets up and goes to work every day and I don't?! I'm with the boys 24/7 and I keep imagining Pala with us at all of our little activities here and there that I "drag" the kids to. There are 11 month olds everywhere it seem s like... at camp, my God daughter is a week younger than Pala... at the boys soccer games, there's a set of twins that are her age!! If I see anyone with a baby I find myself inclined to ask how old and how much they weigh... weird eh?! More out of longing for Pala than curiosity I guess. It helps me to feel connected to her. We did receive an update on her last week and she is a little over 26" tall and 16lbs. I'm finding that most 4 month olds weigh that here in the states!!! She looks soooo much bigger than that in her pictures!! The report also said that she is doing VERY well and can pull herself up to a standing position while hanging onto her crib and walks along it. She's crawling ALL over the place. All of her reports have been positive so that helps!! I have no doubt in my mind that she is well cared for and I believe that she will be walking by the time we are able to bring her home. I wonder if I can convince them to start potty training...jk!!!! This long delay has thrown all of our plans for her for a loop! When we accepted her referral in March, I really really thought that we would be traveling close to her birthday. This long wait for NOC makes it almost impossible to make it through courts before they close for a month at the end of September. Which means... we won't be traveling to India until Thanksgiving time!!! Which means... I will miss the birth of my nephew "Cameron"! Ohhhh... (sigh... sigh...). Maybe I just need to sit back and look at this one day at a time!! I still don't have Pala's bedroom done!! Both Shad and I agreed that we would start it when we had NOC... really thinking it was going to be around Memorial Day and then we stretched it to 4th of July!!! Ha! Boy were we way out to lunch!!!
I really wasn't expecting this post to be so long so I'll save pictures of some our activities for another day.
A big congrats to Seneca and Liberty on their new referrals!! Best of luck to Kristi on your move to Boise!

1 comment:
On these journeys it always seems like just when you feel like you're going to hit the brick wall, something finally gives. So happy for your NOC. Hoping we're right behind you.
Kristy
Post a Comment