Friday, December 5, 2008

One year ago...

One year ago today we began our official journey to our daughter, Asha. I am filled with emotions that I didn't know I had!! I really wasn't expecting it to take this long even though I knew it could. I hadn't emotionally prepared myself for the reality of it!!!!!

Each step has brought such joy along the way and I now long for "the call" from Tami.  It's really hard passing the 1 year mark still without a picture and no answers.  I am a good one to give words of inspiration but have a hard time finding it within myself.  Right now I'm just trying to take it one day at a time.

Tami emailed me today and shared a verse from one of Steven Curtis-Chapman's songs and scripture.  What a great help it was to me to hear the words.  Although I've turned to scripture for answers before, today it has helped my ache a little different.  I'm not sure why, it just has.  I've told many others to just trust in the Lord because he is the only one who has the answers  but for some reason I wasn't listening to my own advice.

“God is God and I am not. I can only see a part of the picture He’s painting. God is God and I am man. So I’ll never understand it all. For only God is God”  

“Many are the plans of a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails”  Prov. 19:21

I am still clinging to HOPE that I will have a sweet face to go with her name by the end of the year.  I am trusting that I have been given signs along the way and have just ignored them. (Kristi W. knows about my phantom emails and such.) If you are or have ever been in a lengthy adoption process I would love to hear your story.  I am looking for anything and everything uplifting right now!

Gidget had asked awhile ago if I had gotten any "xmas" gifts for Asha while I was Black Friday shopping and the answer is...  OF COURSE, YOU SILLY WOMAN!!!  Hahahaha!!!!  Only 1 though.  I got her her first Cabbage Patch doll (and my mom pulled mine out of her attic for me to get ready for Asha).  I will post a picture as soon as I can unbury her from the boys xmas stuff.

In "honor" of hitting the 1 year mark, I bought Asha a puppet that sings "Close to you".  If you aren't familiar with the words they go...   "Why do birds suddenly appear, every time you are near? Just like me, they long to be, close to you. Just like me, they long to be, close to you."  He is so soft and squishy!! Shad thinks it's goofy but I just love it!!!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Happy 1 Year! It will all be worth it when you see precious Asha - you will forget about the waiting somewhat. Then you will have a new time of waiting....it is super hard too :).

Glad you got some gifts for her - it really does help. I love that song too!

Fenwick 5 said...

Happy ONE YEAR.I will be glad when things start to move again.I think that big jump spoiled us. That is so sweet and neat about you buying her a cabbage patch for Christmas. I have been looking for the same thing. I have not found one yet.Maybe I will find one tomorrow when Shane and I go shopping.Yes,hard to believe,but I talked him into it.The encouraging verse helped me also,thanks for sharing.Gidget

Pam said...

Oh Maggie! We waited 15 months for Micah's referral. It was a long, hard drawn out wait that stretched us to our limits. I didn't think the call WOULD EVER come! But, it did. I know everyone says that the minute you see your child's face, you will forget this part of the wait. It is true, even though I'm sure you are tired of hearing it. We worked with Jynger while we were waiting for referral, and she told me that maybe it would help if I prepare for the longer time estimation rather than setting short terms "hopes". It ended up being exactly 15 months for his referral. It did help...some..to prepare my heart for a longer wait. I'm sorry you are waiting through this Christmas season with no sign of your daughter anywhere. My heart is aching for you today. I pray that you find encouragment and hope as you wait.
Hugs to you friend.
Pam

Kristi W. said...

You can do it!!! Just a little bit longer...

I'm glad you did some shopping therapy on the 1 yr anniversary. It always helped me to buy something that I knew my baby would wear or play with someday. And then when they really do use the thing you bought it helps heal the hurt you felt from waiting so long.

:) K

Cindy said...

Emy's adoption took 3 years from the first paperwork to actually holding her in our arms!! And she is so entirely worth it!!

It is all in God's timing which is what we didn't understand...after you hold your precious girl--then all the pain goes away, slips away into thin air-unbelievably, almost.

then Luke's adoption took a short 11 months (approximately)..WOW, that was so FAST!!

Love & prayers this Christmas from our family to yours..

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Our family...