Friday, March 7, 2008

Home Study is done!!!

...and on we go!! Our final home study visit was completed today!! YEAH!!!! Our social worker thought that she would have it to us by the end of next week. Next step, the Dossier!! Things seem to be moving rather quickly for us, I think. The hard part is going to be the wait for a referral. We received notice earlier this week from Dillon, that they've increased their wait times to 18-24 months for a referral. I was prepared for the 12 month wait time that was estimated when we started but the new wait time put a stab right into my heart!! I have to believe that God will bless us sooner than that! I'm going to stay positive! Our social worker assured us that these increased wait times are happening across the board. Please pray that things go smoothly for us and that we don't have to wait very long for a referral.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I will be praying for a FAST referral--but you know that God has a plan and unfortunately sometimes it is a long wait. . good luck, best wishes and lots of love & prayers to you and your family. Please feel free to contact us personally for any questions about India, travel, etc!!

Can't wait to see you as a family of 6. .

CindyO
Mommy to EmyDurba(5) & LukeSwarnadip(3) both from India
emyluke@yahoo.com

Kristi W. said...

So exciting!!! Glad you have that done and hopefully you won't have to wait too long for Dillon to approve it. :) Good luck with the dossier! I thought it was much easier than app2. You know I'll be praying for fast referrals!!!

Kristi

Amy said...

I agree with Kristi - the dossier is easier than App 2. Congrats on the home study!

Peter and Nancy said...

Fabulous to hear you've come so far so fast! The faster all this stuff gets done, the faster your baby girl will be home with you. :o)
-- Nancy (home with Anya Rashi 3 months, mom to bio guys Aaron-7 and Nathan-5)

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Our family...