Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!! May you be stuffed full with all of the delights of your bountiful feast! :)

As you all know Thanksgiving is a very special day for our family. Not only is it the day that we join together for a wonderful day of feasts and prayers but it is also the day that we united as a family of 6. Last year the day was a glorious day as we were welcomed by our boys (and extended family) as we arrived home from India with Pala! The day that I wasn't quite sure we were ever going to see after some of the hiccups that we encountered during our trip but the Lord made it happen. There will NEVER be a Thanksgiving that we will not be thankful for. We are truly blessed this season.

With the Christmas holiday quickly approaching I continue to find myself wondering about Pala's birthmother and if she thinks about Pala. I pray that the Lord gives her peace and love through the holidays.

Happy Thanksgiving....

7 comments:

Kristi W. said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you guys and Happy Forever Family Day! One whole year...what a difference it makes, huh?!! :)

Peter and Nancy said...

Congratulations on your one year anniversary! I loved knowing that our baby had been with our family as long as she was in the orphanage . . . Truly, Pala is something huge to be thankful for!
Nancy

Peter and Nancy said...

Maggie, I just read your previous entry, and wanted to say that I am so sorry to hear that you've had to release the dream of having Shilpa in your family. What a difficult decision to make. I love that you're turning the shirt funds around to help another family -- that speaks so loudly of your character and your care for children who need a family. You have my prayers as you continue to work through this change of plans, and so does Shilpa.

With love,
Nancy

Nikki said...

Happy Thanksgiving :)

I spent 6 weeks volunteering in India this summer, and am now fundraising for my work in Kenya, and to support an orphanage in India. I am doing this through $30 blog designs. I am reaching out to families who have or are adopting from India to let them know about this, as a fun way to bring in new readers to your blog, and a way to support India at the same time. Check out www.madebynikki.blogspot.com or I would love to hear from you by email if you have any questions, or if you simply want to talk India :)

Thanks!

Nikki
www.madebynikki.blogspot.com

Linda said...

http://hearts4heartsgirls.com

Have you seen these?

Your children are ADORABLE!

Lynda said...

I love that your family day is on Thanksgiving. So sorry to hear the news about Shilpa. We have also tried to go forward with some children and it just didn't happen, I know it is heartbreaking.

Unknown said...

Hi! I have a question about adoption from India. Can't post it here... Is it possible to chat a bit through emails?

My name is Alexander, my email address is calgaryreno@gmail.com...

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Our family...