Monday, July 26, 2010

Two Bengali Princesses reunite!

Yesterday, Colleen and I were able to meet face to face.
Here we are with our 7 children! Yes, 7! and trying to get them all to look at "Grandpa" (Colleen's Dad) was not an easy task. Word of advice: Take your group photo at the beginning of your day, not right before you are leaving to go home. :)

Colleen and I have been friends through the adoption community since January 2008 and were finally able to meet thanks to her wonderful choice of vacation destinations! Ha! First thing Shad said was "Who vacations in Western NY?! It's farm country!" There are a lot of wonderful things to see and do here but we are not a tourist attraction! Ha!!! Funny thing is... Colleen and I have a connection that goes way back... further than our adoption connection... her husband and I went to school since Pre-K together! ...and now, our daughters were adopted thru the same agency, same country, same orphanage... very small world!! Every few years she is able to come back to the Rochester area, where she grew up and see old friends. Lucky for me it's only about 2 hours away!

It was so well worth the drive! We started with lunch at Tandoor India Restaurant where the staff knows our names!! Ha!!! Colleen and I were so busy chatting that we forgot to get out our cameras! Go figure!!! Our kids ruled the joint!! :) Then we took the kids to Henrietta Veterans Park to play on the playground for awhile. They all played so well together that it was like we were out for a regular play date! My older boys helped keep an eye on the little ones and Colleen's Mom and Dad were there so it really gave us time to catch up. It really didn't seem like a first time meeting. So many of my blogger friends live so far away... I hope that we will have the chance to meet like Colleen and I have. It was a wonderful day for all of us!

Miss Lia Riyani

Cooper, Pala, Treyton, Lia

Big Brother Treyton helping the girls out

Getting these 2 to sit still was a huge task! :)



Any longer in the swings and I think both girls would've fallen asleep!

You should've seen these girls climbing all over everything at the playground! They were like lil monkeys!! :)

5 comments:

The Pfeiffer Family said...

How FUN!!! That is so exciting that you were able to meet up and let the girls play. They are both adorable. I am looking forward to meeting some Dillon moms and children out on the westcoast next month for our India festival in Portland.

April :-)

Anonymous said...

Very cool that you guys were able to meet up after all of this time. We had a similar event with 4 families who all adopted from the same children's home just recently. It was great to connect with others who share the same experiences, and good for our children top have a connection to their past. Great pictures!

Peter and Nancy said...

The pictures with the boys helping the girls are so sweet -- and so are the two little beauties together! Wish we lived closer . . . but maybe we will be able to meet up at India camp when all the little girls are 4+.
Nancy

The Labontes said...

Love these sweet pics! The girls look so great together, and I love the big boys helping out. I'm relieved to see that the haircut did not prevent your little guy from showing his attitude - love the mohawk :) Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
Kristy

Emily said...

So much fun! I can't wait to participate in these kinds of get togethers when our Asha is home! Your family is beautiful Maggie!!

Emily

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Our family...